размер шрифта: Aa | Aa

altby Zhuldyz Zhumadilova

National oil and gas company «KazmunayGas» and «KAZENERGY» Association summed up the third Republican contest of journalistic mastery, the Energy of Word.

This year, the organizers have decided to broadcast online the fnal meeting of the jury. It stands to mention, it was an unprecedented step. Usually in such contests the decision making process is not advertised. The more interesting was to hear the opinion of authoritative experts, that the independent panel of judges included such people asUzakbai Karabalin, Namazaly Omashev, Aidos Sarym, Michael Dorofeev, Fatima Kosaeva. Talk turned out open, and sometimes quite fattering to the competition. Members of the Jury unwit-tingly touched on urgent problems of modern journalism in Kazakhstan....

Namazaly Omashev, a playing coacher of the Kazakhstani journalism, took the foor frst. As organizers intended, a recognized political writer Namazaly Omashev, the Dean of the Department of Journalism and Politology of the Eurasian National Gumilev University, should have assessed the entries in the Kazakh language. “Most of the authors happened to be familiar to me. Many of them are my students,” – started Namazaly Oma-shev. This is not surprising, because Professor for many years has been working with the students of Kazakh National Al-Farabi University and the Eurasian National University. But, Omashev liked the works by an unknown author who had sent for the contest two problematic materials, and two correspondences. Professor immediately made it clear that he considers the author is worthy of the Grand Prix. "At present time, a reader is not interested in the bulk of the article. To make the material readable, you need to fnd a suitable form. This author has found the form. And yet, here is an obvious  journalistic investigation," – commented his decision Omashev. “In our time journalists used the principle of the pyramid: leisurely started, unfolded the story in the middle of the article, developed it, and so on. Nowadays the inverted pyramid is used, because people have no time. In addition, there is the Internet, TV ... So, to attract the reader, a brief article essence should be presented at the beginning of the material. Better yet, if the title is "talking." I do not know if the author knows this theory of the inverted pyramid, I do not know whether he is a journalist by training, but the theme stands right," – Professor summed up. The author, who impressed Namazaly Omashev, was the correspondent of the newspaper "Aykyn" in Atyrau region, Tursyn Kalimova. Professor also said that she was able to choose a genre based on their subject material.

If among the materials in the Kazakh language the experts singled out the favorites almost immediately and unanimously, then with the Russian-language works the situation was ambiguous. A journalist of the newspaper "Panorama", the former head of the press service of Samruk Kazyna Fund, Fatima Kosaeva did not hide her disappointment about the contest works.”Oil & Gas of Kazakhstan” magazine disappointed much. I mean, judging by the name it is a specialized publication, but in terms of the presen-tation of the material, all three materials are extremely superfcial, with errors." – she says.

Michael Dorofeev, the man known in the media community of Kazakhstan, took an even more judgmental position. "I do not know how to judge the Kazakh press, but regarding Russian, none is worth of the Grand Prix," – he said clearly. The stumbling block was the nomination of "The best material in the national media." "With regard to the materials in Russian,
there is a big problem in the national press. I agree that the level is extremely low. For some reason there is not a large number of people, who constantly write on this subject and whose articles we read. But apparently, they decided not to apply for the contest." – lamented Michael Dorofeev. It became clear that among those represented at the contest, the standing out were the works by Analyst of the Agency for ROI Research, Yuri Tsai, who sent to the jury as much as 19 articles. All noted that Yuri Tsai materials were the most complete. But the question was whether consider Yuri Tsai a journalist? Because, the author positioned himself as an expert... As for the regional press, the jury came to the decision quickly. "I really liked the article Gas prospects in the region by Igor Titenuk ("Kyzylordinskie Vesti, 06/28/2011). We have known this journalist for long. This is a very precise and pernickety journalist. We write more about oil, but gas is coming to the fore. From this point of view, I would put forward this material. I think this is the best material in the regional press in Russian," - Michael Dorofeev offered. Having discussed the materials in the regional media, the experts identifed several problems faced by the journalists in the feld. According to a political scientist, Aidos Sarym, regions are more exposed to censorship. He was echoed by Michael Dorofeev, reminding the jury: "We must understand that the regional newspaper is entirely a state order at the local level."
But in the nomination of The Best Material on the History of Oil and Gas Industry the experts took a unanimous decision. A series of essays on the oil industry written by the correspondent of Atyrau regional newspaper Caspian commune, Lyubov Monastyrskaya was declared the best. As the Chairman of the Committee of Information and Archives of the Ministry of Communications and Information, Bolat Bersebaev noted, "nowadays a lot of young guys fnish schools and go to work on oil sites, and if they are more likely to meet with the veterans of the oil and gas industry, more likely to read about them, then the youth will have the right motivation."
Summing up the contest, Director of Public Relations JSC EP KazMunayGas, Michael Dorofeyev noted that according to the winners it is possible to judge what articles, what topics, what style is popular today; of course, in the opinion of the judges. "I am very happy that the jury was unanimous in identifying the owner of the Grand Prix. This suggests that the Kazakh press still has the journalists ready to objectively approach the problems in the industry, and at the same time, present all these problems in the understandable, high-quality language." – he said.
KAZENERGY Association and the National Company KazMunayGas have been conducting the contest, The Energy of Word, for the third year, in order to attract public attention to the achievements of the national oil and gas industry, to promote the interest of oil and gas companies in transparency and information openness. According to Namazaly Omashev, this kind of contest plays an important role for the whole country, because the public needs to know about the existing problems in the industry, about the people committed to their work, about the initiatives that should be proud of. And only journalist can inform the community … This year the total number of the materials exceeded 200, and 8 of them were radio reports, 5 student works, 3 photo reports published in the national and regional media from 1 January through 25 September, 2011.

Results of the III Republican contest of journalistic mastery, the Energy of Word:
The Grand Prix of the Energy of Word went to the correspondent of “Aykyn”, Atyrau regional newspaper, tursyn Kalimova.
The Best Article in the Republican media was awarded to the analyst of the Agency on ROI Research, Yuri tsai.
The Best Article in the Republican media in the Kazakh Language was awarded to the correspondent of “mangystau” newspaper, Abdygalym Sarkenov.
The Best Article in the Regional media in the Russian Language was awarded to the editor of the Economics department of “Kyzylordinskiye Novosti” newspaper, Igor titenok.
The Best Material on Oil and Gas Industry History was awarded to the correspondent of “Prikaspiyskaya Kommuna” Atyrau regional newspaper, lubov monastyrskaya.
The Best Radio Program was awarded to the Chief Editor of “Shalkar” program, Kopen Amirbek .
The Best Photo Report was awarded to the correspondent of “munayly Astana” newspaper, Alma Kalusarieva.
The Best Student Work was awarded to the student of Atyrau Oil and Gas Institute, Fellow of KAZENERGY educational program, Darkhan Zhanshin.
The recognition gifts were given to: photographer Vadim Soloviev for high professionalism and special focus, correspondent of Komsomolskaya Pravda, Gulnar Kudebayeva for complete disclosure and style, correspondent of Yegemen Kazakhstan, Atyrau newspaper, Zholdasbek Shopegul for narrative language.