- Press center
- Oil and gas
- Ecology and environmental protection
- Technical regulation
- Human capital development
- Educational program
- Normative legal acts drafts
- International cooperation
- KAZENERGY Forum
- National Energy Report
- Review of energy efficiency
- Review of social responsibility
- "Oil and gas of the independent Kazakhstan" book
- Magazine KEElectricityState of the industry
Sustainable development and stable growth of electric power sector is one of the key tasks of the country. Satisfaction of the internal needs of both the population and business depends on this, as well as the further stable progress of the country's economy and the expansion of opportunities for electricity exports.
Analysis of the current state of the industry shows that it is necessary to make maximum use of the existing potential for the development of the electric power industry, as well as to resolve issues of reducing wear and tear on equipment of power plants and networks, and to increase the investment attractiveness of the industry. Currently, coal usage of electricity production estimates 69%, in total power generation, while gas accounts for about 20% and petroleum products (fuel oil) of less than 2% (used at CHP plants), hydroelectric power accounts for 9%, and of renewable sources - less than 1%.
Today, electric power production in Kazakhstan is carried out by 76 electric power stations of various forms of ownership. The total capacity of Kazakhstan's power plants is 20 844 MW, and the available capacity is about 16 945 MW.
Power plants of national importance include large thermal power plants that ensure the generation and sale of electricity to consumers in the wholesale electricity market:
- "Ekibastuz TPP-2” LLP;
- "Ekibastuz Station TPP-2" JSC;
- "Eurasian Energy Corporation" JSC (Aksu TPP);
- "Kazakhmys Corporation " LLP TPP;
- "Zhambylskaya TPP" JSC.
- Bukhtarma HPP of "Kazzinc" JSC,
- "AES Ust-Kamenogorsk HPP" LLP,
- "AES Shulbinskaya HPP" LLP.
- TPP-3 of Karaganda-Zhylu LLP;
- TPP-SAP, TPS-2 of "Arcelor Mittal Temirtau" JSC;
- Rudnenskaya TPP (“Sokolovsko-Sarbaiskoye Mining and Processing Enterprise” JSC);
- Balkhash TPP, Zhezkazgan TPP of Kazakhmys Corporation;
- Pavlodar TPP-1 of "Aluminum of Kazakhstan" JSC;
- Shymkent TPP-1,2 and others.
As part of the work on improving the model of the electric energy market, the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan adopted a resolution "On Approving the Concept for the Development of the Fuel and Energy Complex of the Republic of Kazakhstan until 2030".
- Press center