On July 2 this year, a kick-off meeting of 34 student teams from 14 leading universities of the country was held regarding the StudentDigitalFest Competition with Digitalization Manager of Karachaganak Petroleum Operating (KPO), Mr. Glen Zondak, KPO specialists and experts and KAZENERGY Association on technical specifications of the competition.
Student teams captains presented their teams and announced their selected competition topics. This year, students who already have experience of participating in last year's StudentDigitalFest are competing in the digitalization competition (Nazarbayev University, Kazakh-British Technical University, S. Utebayev Atyrau Institute of Oil and Gas, Almaty University of Energy and Communications); there are also university teams that are taking the intellectual challenge of the second season for the first time (Astana IT University, D. Serikbayev East Kazakhstan State Technical University, Shakarim State University of Semey, Karaganda State Technical University, Ye.A. Buketov State University of Karaganda, Sh. Ualikhanov State University of Kokshetau, International University of Information Technologies, M. Dulati State University of Taraz, Turan University ( Almaty)).
During the meeting, the participants were presented the activities of KPO and ongoing work on digitalization in the company; technical specialists Nurgali Dinmukhamed, Azamat Kadraliyev, Gulnar Mukanova, Damesh Bektalieva told about the goals, tasks and expected outcomes, about the specifics of preparing projects under the technical specifications and answered the participants' questions.
In turn, students were interested in topics related to input data required to complete tasks, calculation methods, national standards and other issues that would help teams to work on the design passport of future projects. Detailed discussions of technical specifications will take place at separate online meetings differentiated on each topic, starting next week, where all students will have the opportunity to improve future project solutions.
Currently, the teams have started developing solutions on the following three topics of technical specifications:
1. Automation of calculations of pollutant emissions, greenhouse gases and energy efficiency.
2. Introduction of remote system of pressure sensors on the surface to improve and optimize the wells integrity monitoring process.
3. Develop a search engine based on pattern recognition to scan and detect designated symbols on technical drawings.
The development of solutions will continue until August 27 this year with the constant consultations by KPO experts. Learn more about the StudentDigitalFest Competition at www.kazenergy.com
We wish the teams success and victories!
List of participating teams of StudentDigitalFest – 2021
1. Almaty University of Energy and Communications: Jojo Aupet Crusaders,
2. Astana IT University, AITU_15K;
3. S.Utebayev Institute of Oil and Gas of Atyrau: A.A.J, SpaceWin, RICHGAS, Set ;
4. D. Serikbayev East Kazakhstan State Technical University, Digital_EKTU;
5. Shakarim State University of Semey, A-Energy;
6. S. Seifullin Kazakh Agrotechnical University, Digital Chaos;
7. Kazakh-British Technical University, DTS, BOTTi, Munai;
8. Karaganda State Technical University: KRGGEOLTECH, Болашак, KAZgolder, Mining Research Group Solutions Team, Energy of future;
9. Ye. A. Buketov State University of Karaganda. Phys-tech group;
10. Sh. Ualikhanov State University of Kokshetau, Shoqan;
11. International University of Information Technologies: AnBust, Winners Inc., ITeam;
12. Nazarbayev University: SKYWALKERS, Axioma, 5HEAD, Free Radicals, 3 maiden boy, Polar, KazTech, PowerX;
13. M. Dulati State University of Taraz, Dulaty Energy;
14. Turan University ( Almaty), RE:BOOT